Digital servo controller and data acquisition unit
4-axis digital servo controller
Powerful and versatile software suite
The Si-Plan Electronics Research 1085 series digital servo controller and data acquisition unit is a development of the widely-used 879 controller. It offers a flexible, stand-alone system, for use with the company's range of test machines and as a retro-fit digital controller to existing machine frames from other manufacturers. Servo-control is implemented on the embedded processor. The control algorithm is user accessible via the PC interface.
10kHz update interval for control
Data logging up to 10kHz
Up to 4 axes of servo-control
- Control using any input as feedback or generate a demand output for secondary controller
- Proportional, Integral, Differential and Velocity with high or low pass filters
- Adaptive control adjusts demand waveform to match demand peaks
Internal waveform generator for Sine, Triangle, Square, Parabolic or user waveforms. Alternatively, use an input as an external demand.
Multiple independent data loggers with multiple channels up to 10kHz from any input or any internal parameter.
Machine and test control by block or script programs
- 'C'-like compiled script language with full control over machine and test behaviour enables Si-Plan to produce bespoke application software when required.
- Optional block programming module provides simpler control over the system to create complex test sequences.
Dimensions: 530 x 430 x 210 mm high
Vertical config: 160 x 430 x 550mm high.
Input power supply: 110V/230V 50/60Hz
Processor card with built-in digital I/0
AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 1gHz processor processor
Fast Ethernet connection (10/100BaseT TCP/IP)
24 digital inputs, 5 to 30VDC
24 digital outputs, 5 to 30VDC at 0.5A
Optional analogue monitor points ±10VDC
Power from single 9 - 24Vdc supply
Analogue I/O card
Up to 2 cards supported
FPGA for inter-card comms and additional processing
16x16 bit analogue inputs: 10kHz, ±10V
19 bit analogue input option
24 bit analogue input option
4x16 bit analogue outputs: 10kHz, ±10V
4 channels of quadrature encoder inputs at 1MHz
Additional 16 channels (8 in and 8 out) 3V logic I/O direct to FPGA
Optional communications card
RS422 / RS485 supports MODBUS for example
I2C to support extra digital I/Os, sensors or displays for a simple HMI
External connection by RJ45 socket with optional power
Supports multi-axis control
Supports multi-machine control
Data logging for multiple internal controller variables, not limited to inputs.
Test control program
- Start and stop machine and tests
- Adjust common test parameters
- Upload block/script programmes
- Upload user waveforms
- Display machine/test status
Multiple DPMs display any channel
- Real time XT and XY plots
- Set up channels and capture rate
- Set logging cycle interval
- Output data in CSV format for external analysis in spreadsheets
Trip setup gives multiple trip limits on inputs, digital inputs or hardware trips.
Si-Plan Electronics Research Ltd, Avenue Farm Industrial Estate,
Birmingham Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 0HR, UK
Tel International: +44 1789 205849 | Tel UK: 01789 205849
Fax International: +44 1789 415550 | Fax UK: 01789 415550
The Si-Plan logo is a reistered trademark of Si-Plan Electronics Research Ltd. All other trademarks are acknowledged. © 2000-2009 Si-Plan Electronics Research Ltd. All rights reserved.